Chiang Mai Adventure: Local Café

I with my dear colleagues have spent the weekend in Chiang Mai and one of the most memorable thing I did is eating here at Local Cafe a...


I with my dear colleagues have spent the weekend in Chiang Mai and one of the most memorable thing I did is eating here at Local Cafe at Nimman area. We heard good reviews from those colleagues who have been the day before and they raved about it. Chiang Mai is visited by tourists because it has a lot of interesting sights to offer - from temples, a gateway to see the tribes of Thailand, and of course, the FOOD! Thai food is known around the world, it has its distinctive taste, with spices and herbs, I can definitely eat Thai food all year! 

Although the Thais offer their fair share of delicious authentic dessert, I was not that surprised to know that such cafe existed. 


The ambiance was great, it's very chic and at the same time, artistic. The same goes with the food they served. Ordering was easy, Thai people can speak good English (I also found a lot of them speaking in Mandarin in other restaurants, which means a lot of Chinese are coming to Chiang Mai). 



I wish I had more time to explore around the area, but we were short in time. Also it's summer time in Thailand. I was out of the shade for a minute, and I already sweat a lot. Thus, sitting for a while in this type of cafe relaxes me. It was still warm inside, even with the air-conditioner on, but it was a lot better. 

Chocolate cake and Thai Tea Crepe (THB 90)
I'm a chocolate lover, but this time, the Thai Tea Crepe won my heart!


Mango Crumble Cheesecake (THB 185)
was super yum and very much recommended. The outer layer is with mango cubes topped by cheese, while the core includes ice cream and cheese! It's very refreshing. 

 Apple Mania (THB 95)
An interesting way to eat sorbet is by putting it inside an apple! Now, that's an idea. What we did was cut the apple and mix it with the sorbet. By mixing it with apple, I felt less guilty in consuming the sorbet!


Watermelon Bingsu Fruit Salad
Those are not real seeds, those were chocolate chips! 


Caramel Macchiato 
It was indeed hot outside, but give me hot coffee in any season!


The place is so photogenic every where I look. There's a photo of me in the famous stairs with the wording: Eat, Love, Laugh. (If only life is that easy!) Anyway, I rate Local Cafe 4.5 stars! Make sure to include this in your itinerary when you visit Chiang Mai. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram