Three Places to Go in Hong Kong to Cheer Yourself Up!

Sometimes I do get dull days especially when I can't think of anything new to do here in Hong Kong. I am a type of person that easily g...

Sometimes I do get dull days especially when I can't think of anything new to do here in Hong Kong. I am a type of person that easily get bored if things become very repetitive. The usual step I would do is to google (yes, this is now a verb), "Hong-Kong-weekend-what-to-do", and the list will drag me from the amusements parks to the museums. Later on I figured that maybe I can make up a list of nice things to do on a weekend (or even on a weekday during your lunch break), a list of places to go to whenever I wanted to feel cheer up. This do not requires so much time, it actually depends on how much time you have, you can be very flexible.

Just around our office in Lyndhurst Terrace, I recommend three places to go to that can cheer you up! 
  • Burger Circus (22 Hollywood Road, Central) - this is an American diner that serves burgers, fries, onion rings, chicken, etc. and shakes. The feeling is really quite vintage as the setting seemed to be the 90's. (Insert the music "All I have to do is dream by the Everly Brothers" here)

Here's the place that can probably accommodate up to 40 people. 

The old-styled bench


The menu with their burgers price ranging from HK$70 - HK$88+


I ordered the Circus Burger that is made of 5oz beef patty, it really is juicy with juices dripping while I took a bite !
If you want sugar overload, order their shakes! I ordered the Candy Shake where I get to choose which candy they will put in. I chose smarties, Oreos and Marshmallows.
  • Flow Bookshop (Room 204 Lyndhurst Terrace, 29 Lyndhurst Terrace) - this is my favorite bookstore in Hong Kong. Here, they do sell second hand books, music and movie CDs, etc. They even have free stuff. Price is definitely cheaper than Dymocks or Bookazine, and you do not really need to dig hard to find what can be your next favorite book. If you are not the type of person who fancy reading, they do have a reading program "May I borrow your reading time?", where they will lend you a book. This bookstore will make you fall in love with reading! 



  •  The Candle Company (11 Lyndhurst Terrace) - If you would like to get in touch with your inner senses, I recommend buying candles from this fancy shop where they sell all kinds of candles from scented, birthday, outdoor, etc. You can definitely find something for everyone, as well as your daily fix here. 

I hope the above list helps, I will probably continue this project as there are lots of things to do/ places to see here in Hong Kong. You just have to dig deeper!

Until then, Ciao! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram