Le Mout, Taichung (A Restaurant Review)

Two months ago, I had a lucky opportunity to savor a wonderful lunch in a Relais and Chateaux restaurant in Taichung, called Le Mout , top ...

Two months ago, I had a lucky opportunity to savor a wonderful lunch in a Relais and Chateaux restaurant in Taichung, called Le Mout, top 26 of Asia's 50 best Restaurant of 2015. The word Le Mout means, a process of fermentation of grape juice into fine wine. From the name itself, they serve French cuisine but another factor to look at that makes this restaurant special, is the elegant environment the building portrays and the truly exceptional service of the staff around you from the moment they open the door until you bid farewell. I hope the below photos bring justice to describe my exceptional experience here. 


Our magnificent private room
Our chosen menu for the day





The Red Wine is truly delicious giving a strong but nice aroma

Halibut, Hybrid Sturgeon Caviar Carrot, Red Curry

Maine lobster, cauliflower, Makauy Peppercorn, Andalousia extra virgin olive oil

Veal sweetbread, sweet corn, almond and Vin Jaune


Wagyu flat iron, Bone marrow, Octopus, Coffee, Baby Turnip

Finally our dessert, (I look very full in this picture), Nostalia Tiramisu, grapes, chocolate and balsamic vinegar

Dessert plate is bigger than my face


Overall, it was a superb experience, with each dish bursting a flavorful sensational feeling in my mouth. I absolutely love every meal they served us. I could not speak Mandarin, but the staff thoroughly explained what they were serving me with a sincere smile on their faces. With the price we paid in the restaurant, I can't argue at all. I am giving this restaurant a FIVE out of FIVE. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram